Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My New Max!

OKAY!! So here's how my day started out......I had to take the YHA Girls to school this morning and stay with them all day. So we start out in the parking lot getting ready to leave for school and I take a very graceful dive on the 3 inches of ice. No problem, nothing broken, just got my really cute red Avon bag a bit dirty. I go to school with the girls, try to stay awake in History (hmmm, deja vu), helped out in English, was hit on in Science, and completely lost in Math. So after a wonderful day of Middle School I come home and leave for a quick trip to Holiday. On our way home we start to have car problems and end up hanging out on I-15 for 2 and a half hours waiting for a tow truck, that we never ending up seeing cuz we're not that patient. (Dahl showed up to save us, THANK YOU DAHL!! When in trouble just call Dahl! He also made us chicken enchilladas for dinner). We finally make it home and we're late for Enrichment (see Mom, I do know what that is!!). We grab our stuff and the yummy brownies that Tara made and head out. We do our thing at Enrichment and we're ready to go home. I come out of the church and get to the car and gracefully biff it on the ice again. (I'm telling you, I'm good at this now!) So 3 things....... 1) I really hate Utah in the Winter, 2) Its all okay because we have left over brownies (I think someone new I was going to need them) and 3) Its still an AWESOME day because I have Max!!
Max is my new puppy!! He's only 5 weeks old and an only child to Zowie and Stormie. I found him in Holiday, Utah and can't wait to bring him home in 2 weeks! This is him being held by Tara, funny how you can't really see Tara, some puppies are just camera hogs I guess.


Max will only be in the 3 to 4 lb range, his mom is 3lbs and his dad is 4lbs, so that makes him the perfect size! I can't wait to bring him home! He'll be the same size as Ellie. His mother could be Ellie's twin white sister! It was crazy how much they looked alike! I think I held her more than Max, and yes I did offer to take her home too. She was just so much fun!!
The woman I adopted him from was so nice! I think she was really excited to know that Max was going to be spoiled rotten. As we were leaving she kept giving us hugs, she was really, really nice. She even gave me an X-ray of Max in his mom's tummy. Its cool! I really can't wait to bring him home!!
So even if your day starts out by faceplanting it on the parking lot ice rink, and finishes with you butt-planting it on another parking lot ice rink, it doesn't mean its a bad day. I had brownies and I have Max!!

No comments: