Monday, December 31, 2007

Say'n Goodbye to 2007!!

Wow Whatta Year!! Looking back it seems like forever ago, not 12 months. My year started off by spending more time outside the state of Utah than in it (that was really fun!). Then I moved into my parents house, (house-sitting until they return in November 2008). Started up a salon in their house, thanks Mom & Dad! Its been worth it! After spending my mornings running around with 3 munchkins, I decided to spend 2 of my nights a week babysitting at a girls group home (this has been one of the most eye-opening experiences of my life!!). And now I find myself waking up to 2008. So what have I learned from this last year? I've learned that when life seems over-whelming and I just don't know where to start cleaning up the mess, someone will always show up and not only point me in the right direction but help me with the clean-up. I've learned that when the sun goes down on a day filled with bitter disappointment, a bright new morning holds a precious gift called hope. I've also learned that family can be the strongest bond I'll ever know. I also learned that I remembered how to wire an electrical outlet and that screw-drivers really shouldn't go in them. I also learned that 2-year old's should be buckled while in the car AT ALL TIMES!!
So now that 2008 has started, what do I look forward to? Well, I'm not sure.
This morning we had our New Year's Day brunch at Kari's. Every year we all pick something that we try to go throughout the new year without. (This really all started when I was addicted to M&M's). So listening to what everyone was picking, I was looking for ideas. I joked around about giving up cake, (I never eat cake). Tara joked about giving up Spam, (yeah cuz she eats so much of that!!) and Trent is giving up buffets for 3 months (he spends too much time at the Luxor). Yet, I still couldn't come up with anything. I finally decided.......I wasn't going to give up anything! That I want to try something different. That I really want to do something better! Instead of giving up a bad habit, I want to create a good habit! So here's my top pick on the 'Creating a Better Habit' list!

1- I want to be better at being healthy!

(No more thinking that DCNL is a food group that follows mint anything!! And that they both require multiple servings a day).

So here we go! On to a better year! On to making a better habit! I hope that by the time I look back on 2008, I'll be able to say "I am better!".

1 comment:

Kim Allsup said...

oh Amber...Good for you!! I so agree that trying something new is so much better than giving something up...You are such a good friend and I love that you blog!!