Friday, March 7, 2008

Matchbox Twenty



Yep!! I saw Matchbox Twenty last night! Hello Rob Thomas! Our night started out with me picking up all the groupies and heading to the E-Center. We're all hungry so we stop at Chili's where I ordered the yummy Ceasar Salad Pita. We get our checks and pay (and some cheap-o didn't leave Jordan a tip!) and then leave for the concert. Gretchen, (who rocks!!), picked up our tickets at Will Call and we head into the concert. The first act, which I can't even remember their name, was beyond weird. They started jumping on the piano and busting up their drums, it was really bizzare. Then Alanis started, and again very weird! I like her music, but her concert was beyond me. I didn't get what she was doing and I kept texting Gretchen so she could explain it to me. At one point Alanis was spoofing Fergie, again, beyond me. Then MB20 came on! Wha-Hoo!! I love watching Rob in concert! He does one great show!! He played on his piano this time, which was awesome! My favorite song of the night was Bright Lights, (Rob played the piano). And Paul sang a song that Rob originally sang, I can't remember which one, I lost concentration because some lady started breast feeding her baby at this point. Okay, really? What parent brings a baby to a concert and then needs to breast feed? Gross! And if that wasn't enough of a distraction, we had the 40-something drunk white trashers in front of us. At one point they turned around and told us that this was a concert and that we needed to act like we were at one. (Uh thanks for the news flash?) I hurried and moved Erin and Kate away before we had an all girl smack down right there on the balcony. Bless the Peace Makers!! We moved and it just happened to be over to where I think their boyfriends/husbands were sitting. Which was kind of a joke and I can see why they spend their time drunk and away from their husbands. I think they might swap husbands too, and teams. They were weird. But back to the concert! MB20 played a lot of their new songs which was really fun and they ended their encore with one of our all time fave's, Push.

By far, the best Matchbox concert I've been too. Wish they would have let Rob play some of his songs, but understandable (it'd break the band, and they just worked out their "issues"). And just in case Miss Sawyer asks anyone...................I AM THE BAND!!

3 comments:

Kim Allsup said...

that sounds like a fun night! how close did you sit?

Amber said...

we were to the right and on the balcony, which actually was really great seating. Last time I saw them in concert I was close enough to touch Rob's leg. It was fun!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.