Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Promotions.......hmmmmm

So less than 24 hours ago, I was complaining about how I work too much. No big deal, I'm a whiner, I get it. I went to my staff meeting today and then had a follow up with the "big whigs". No biggie, they're all fun-loving people. I already knew what we were going to talk about. I've been given the opportunity to be a shift lead at the home. Just means more responsibility, better pay. And I've been thinking about it for about a week, the pro's, the con's, etc. And I had decided that I really like my 2 nights a week, low responsibility job. That being a shift lead isn't really where I want to be right now. So when they asked me if I would take the position, I was really surprised to hear my No sound so much like a Yes. And even more surprised to hear a list of benefits. So now I have to ask myself, what went wrong? What happened to my No? Why did it sound like Yes? And why did I agree to 5 nights a week? Is this a new form of self-inflicted pain? Do I really hate myself that much? I never thought I hated myself! I've always thought I liked me. I have Sweet Rockin' Hair!! What's to hate about that?? So now, I'm finishing off my day, as I sit here contemplating what's to come, while I eat my yummy honey wheat bagel with plain cream cheese (I'm saving my pumpkin spice for toast). And question whether or not the group home really does suck out my brain cells.

3 comments:

Kim Allsup said...

i'm so sorry

Gigi said...

There goes PB. Aren't you greatful for recorders?

Amber said...

LOL!! Yes, Yes I am!